Swim School Tuition & FAQ
Access to the parent portal is established once you register for Swim School classes online.
Ready to Register for Lessons? Select your program and get started!
Summer Session dates: April 30 - August 12
Prorates are available for enrollment after the Session (Group & Rising Stars) or Month (Private & Water Tykes) has begun. Prorate is based on the number of classes remaining in the Session or that month depending on the program enrolled in.
Group Classes & Rising Stars:
- Automated Payment dates of the Summer Session tuition: May 1, June 1, July 1. Fee schedule will be listed on your confirmation email and viewable on your Parent Portal.
- Spring Session Tuition Cost is $260-$300 depending on the day of week taking classes (based on number of classes offered for the session).
Monthly Enrollment (remain active & billable until withdraw- see policies).
Automated payments post on the 1st of each month based on the number of classes offered in that month- $20 per class.
Monthly Enrollment (remain active & billable until withdraw- see policies)
Automated payments post on the 1st of each month based on the number of classes offered in that month- $50 per class.
Monthly Enrollment (remain active & billable until withdraw- see policies)
Automated payments post on the 1st of each month based on the number of classes offered in that month- $35 per class.
Agreement Policies (these are posted as required agreements on your online registration form- please review in full when registering. For your reference & records, these are included in your registration email confirmation and Parent Portal once you register & create an account).
When and What you Pay
Billing of monthly tuition for Water Tykes & Private Lessons is posted on the 1st of each month. Tuition for your first month will be pro-rated if you start after the 1st and will be based on the number of classes available that month.
Billing of session tuition for Group & Rising Stars is posted in split payments on designated dates during the session. If you are registering after the session start date, the first payment will be prorated based on the number of classes that were missed prior to your registration start date.
Group Lesson & Rising Stars Session-based Enrollment Policies
Enrollment is session-based, therefore there is no withdrawal prior to the end of season date. Absences will not be credited towards future tuition.
Private Lessons & Water Tykes Monthly Enrollment Policies
Mid-month registration for Private Lesson classes (or when receiving 2 or less classes in that first month) requires commitment to enrollment for the full upcoming month.
To withdraw from a class: Complete the online withdrawal form by the 15th of the month to be removed from the class and automatic billing. No verbal withdrawals will be accepted.
Absences will not be credited towards future tuition.
Make Up Policy (effective as of April 30, 2018 / Start of Summer Session)
- Make-ups for Private & Group classes will be offered during designated make up class times, in a group class format. Make up classes will be available on Friday, Saturday, and Sundays.
- Registration for a make up class will be done online through the Class Make Up calendar.
- The cost is $5 per lesson for each eligible absence.
- Each swimmer is can sign up for 2 make ups per session. If you miss your make up, you will not be allowed to reschedule (we do make up a make up class).
- Makeups are based on availability and are not guaranteed.
- Class Absence is not eligible for future tuition credit and make ups do not transfer or carry over from session to session.
- Make-up lessons are forfeited when a swimmer withdraws from the program.
- We know that when working with children and water, it is imperative that the safety and quality of our swim lessons (class ratios) take priority over any scheduling needs. Therefore, make-up classes will not be scheduled during regular weekly lessons times.
Swim Diaper Policy
- All children who are under the age of 3, even if they are potty-trained, or older children who are not fully potty trained must wear a REUSABLE swim diapers (disposable swim diapers are not permitted). Leg openings should not allow more than 2 fingers between the suit and diaper. Please do not buy a size for your child to "grow into" as the elastic on the leg openings must be tight enough to contain a bowel movement. These are available at the Swim School for purchase.
Use the Swim School Parent Portal to:
- Submit a request
- See Payment History and Upcoming invoice items
- View Policy Agreements
- See your enrolled classes or enroll in additional classes
- Book a party or sign up for a Splash & Play event through the calendar
Closure dates for national holidays are announced well in advance. Pro-rating for school closures will be based on the number of lessons you will receive that Month or Semester, depending on your program enrollment.
Group Classes & Rising Stars: this is a semester-based program and holiday closure days are factored in to the semester tuition fee (the semester fee represents the total number of classes that will be offered in that given semester).
Private or Water Tykes classes: If a school closure results in less than 4 classes offered in a month on your enrolled day of week, a pro-rate will be given that month.
Summer 2018 Closure Dates:
-Sunday, May 13 (Mother's Day)
-Sunday, June 17 (Father's Day)
-Wednesday, July 4 (Independence Day)
Inclement Weather Policy
We make every attempt to maintain normal business hours and will rarely close during inclement weather. In the rare occurrence we are unable to stay open we will notify families via email and our Facebook page. Please make sure your Swim School account email is up to date and you have our email saved in your contacts.
If we cancel classes or close due to weather, swimmers whose classes are canceled will either be given an account credit or a make up lesson (typically to be scheduled within 14 days, however this may be extended to within 30 days at the discretion of Swim School management based on enrollment & availability). If we remain open, no credits or make up lessons will be given for missed classes.
- Arrive 15 minutes prior to your class and encourage your child to use the bathroom before the lesson begins. We strive to start each lesson on time with all class members present for the start.
- Bring a towel and goggles. We also have both available for purchase.
- There are lockers available for storing personal items.
- Rinse off showers are available on the pool deck (required before starting lesson).
- The Deck Supervisor will open the pool door to call for your class. Please wait in the viewing area until called to enter the pool deck. Only participating swimmers will come on deck (with the exception of those in Water Tykes who take the class with an adult).
- Please tie long hair back or wear a swim cap.
- Cell phones are not permitted on the pool deck (due to glass screens).
- If your child is distracted by seeing you in the viewing area there is additional seating available where you will be more out of view so they can focus their attention on their instructor and all can remain on task. Please refrain from waiving and tapping on the glass. We want to make the best use of all instruction time!
Above all make sure to enter the Swim School with Excitement! Starting something new in a new place can be scary, but it can also be fun! Talk with your child about how excited their lesson instructors are to meet them and teach them new things.
How long will it take for my child to learn how to swim?
- Children are at different levels in maturity, physical coordination, and development. Some have no inhibitions about water while others have some anxiety about the water or putting their face in the water.
- Our curriculum is built with an understanding that some children will progress more quickly while others may take some time to get acclimated and before they progress more steadily through the levels.
- Whatever the case, we teach each child with a gentle and encouraging approach and recognize that every child is different and has different needs. Our goal is to challenge your child and lead them along the path of learning to swim.
What if my child is scared or cries?
- We know it can be hard to watch your little one crying or scared. Learning trust is a big part of swimming. Trust is gained over time, not just a few lessons.
- Our teachers and Deck Supervisors are all trained in handling these situations. Talking with the child, playing games, singing songs, and playing with toys can all be used to help ease the child into the class. If you need assistance with your child, please let our staff know so we can work with them. We want all children to feel comfortable and happy swimming!
Why Semesters & What Should I know about Levels for Group Classes?
- There are 3 basic Group Classes (Beginner, Intermediate, and Advanced) with a range of skills and milestones to work toward in each Class. Naming the Class is simply a way to group students in a more organized way and not to label them as a swimmer. At another program using these names a student might fall into a different level but our groupings are unique to us.
- What about “in semester” promotions? If a swimmer is advancing much more quickly than the rest of the class, we will work with you to find a more appropriate class to finish out the semester, however our skilled instructors are equipped to work with the range of skills and abilities within each Class level.
Sign up for our Newsletter